was Re: [AJD] Learn something new every day/ now Verizon troubles

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Fri Dec 30 03:37:01 PST 2005

Dean,
Your experience with Verizon follows my experiences with several national dial
up ISPs I used over the years.
After I moved here (back where I grew up) I had to get phone service from a
local telephone coop.  I finally tried them for my ISP (this was back in dial up
days).  When they offered DSL I took them up.  Their service has been much
better than I had previously.  Even now, when the DSL is bought wholesale and
the tech support is provided (initially) by the wholesaler (typical big company
BS) I can call the telephone coop and talk directly to the technician who does
any customer visits for my area (I know him by first name) and I can get the
straight scoop.  Nothing better than a personal relationship (may not solve all
the problems but it does eliminate the BS).

David
NW NC