[Farmall] Goodbye

soffiler at myeastern.com soffiler at myeastern.com
Thu Dec 22 05:03:18 PST 2005

----- Original Message Follows -----
From: "Kevin Bish" <krsky at alltel.net>

> I have used this site now and then for advice on Farmall
> tractors. Pretty  much any question that I had about a
> tractor that I was working on, someone  on here had an
> answer. Now it looks like this site is turning into a
> political discussion panel or how to solve the worlds
> problems. Can't we  just leave this site as a tractor
> question and answer site, and leave the  worlds problems
> off here? This was a site to get away from all of that,
> and  figure out what may be wrong with a tractor, or just
> information about  Farmalls. Kevin.

Kevin apparently hasn't been hanging around long enough on
this or any other Internet discussion group.  Every last one
of them (with the possible exception of those that are
moderated with a very heavy hand, which this is not) suffers
this same issue.  In my roughly 12 years participating in
groups like these I've seen PLENTY of off-topic discussion.
And I'll tell you this:  a certain measure of off-topic
chatter is tolerable and even welcome during the lull
periods.  The reason is simple:  it is imperative that the
people with the answers are here when the tractor questions
come thru, and believe me, those people will float away and
join other groups if the discussion dies out here.  With
that said, I DO NOT propose that we tolerate discussion of
volatile and radically off-topic subjects such as politics
and religion.

Steve O.