[AT] Juicin it Up

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Wed Dec 7 16:18:06 PST 2005

    Greg;
    The COATPA pullong curcuit only allows a 10 percent
overspeed for their engines. Edsel would sometimes make an
exhibition pull with and run full speed with it. These pulls
calculated at more than 200 horsepower and the tractor was very
impressive. It will turn quite a few more revs then the
strokers.
    Don't know how the "R" would fare with 400 cu. ins. They are
a pretty stout tractor though.
    The little AC tractors are the ones being abused. Turning
almost 4000 revs with an engine that doesn't have pressure
oiling to the rod bearings. Wonder what keeps them together?
    I am calculating about .18 horsepower per cu. in. for my LA
when it is finished. This will be figured at near stock rpm. I
expect about 80 horsepower from it. I don't plan to pull it
much, mainly want the extra power on the belt.

                        Gene