[Farmall] Portland , IN 2005 - Friday Lunch

Steve Offiler soffiler at myeastern.com
Wed Aug 17 16:25:53 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
>    HA! Why didn't I think of going to the internet, especially once the Atlas
> did not provide the answer I needed. I have done that more then once, relying
> on the older references I am comfortable with and then forgetting to pursue an
> internet inquiry when I do not find what I want. Maybe the old saying about an
> old dog not being able to learn new tricks has some validity.
>
>    thanks Steve,
>                                 Art

You're very welcome, Art.  No trouble at all.  I'm thinking the old dog did
indeed learn a new trick today!  As for me, I am sort of a map enthusiast - when
I visit a new place, first thing I have to do is get a map and see where I'm at.
Over the years my collection of folding paper maps has gotten rather extensive,
and ratty as well because I use the heck out of 'em.  Mapquest on the Internet
was revolutionary to me a few years ago.  And then, quite recently, Google Maps
came along and blew Mapquest right out of the water.  Check out those Satellite
and Hybrid buttons once you access a map.  (Of course it's a lot more
interesting if you live in a populous area like I do - southern New England -
because they have some mighty detailed ariel photos.  If I call up my own
address, I can literally see my wife's car in the driveway.)

Best regards,
Steve O.