[Farmall]

Arthur Umland artsd at aol.com
Thu Aug 18 07:55:49 PDT 2005

    Steve, it looks like you would be a possible candidate to join a group
that I recently learned about. A college buddy of mine from St. Louis
stopped to visit after having not seen him for years, obviously retired
now. He had never been in SD before and made a swing through MN, WI, IL
on his way back to St. Louis. In the course of his travels, he passed
through 98 new counties that he had never been in before. The group he
belongs to "collects" counties, and over fifteen of the members in this
hobby group have visited the 3100 plus counties in the lower 48!

    Frankie worked for over 30 years making maps for the Federal
government at a facility in St. Louis. Lots of classified stuffed for
the military, but was not limited to just this globe as he also made
maps of the moon!

    Frankie is also fun to have around because he enjoys seeing my tractor
collection. He was born and raised in NYC and was thrilled years ago to
visit our farm in NE on his way home from a year of college. I still
have photographs of him with a big grin on his face driving around my
Dad's Farmall H. He took lots of pictures to show his family back in
NYC.

    Have a good day!        Art