[AT] Shop thoughts (was)Air Lines

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Tue Aug 2 05:18:12 PDT 2005

Farmer,

I wasn't intending to ruffle any feathers.  I used a rubber hose on the
floor for years.  I got real tired of unplugging my sandblaster and having a
paint job ruined because of water.

My wife's grandfather on his own went to the hardware store, and got a bunch
of pipe that was left over after the store had cut other pipe to custom
length.  He put it all up for me, that included threading the pipe.  He was
happy to have something to do.

As far as my big compressor having an automatic drain, it came with the
compressor.  Originally I was looking at a compressor at TSC. I went over to
a locally owned tool store, to compare compressors.  They sold me the unit
that I have for $100 over what the compressor would have cost from TSC.  It
is larger and has the drain and automatic low oil shut down on it.

I don't buy things just to have them, I buy what is needed in my line of
work.  Yes, I originally started restoring tractors as a hobby, but it has
grown into a business.

I think what I was trying to say originally is that pipe helps tremendously
in getting water out of the air system.

Lou