[Farmall] nuisance

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 1 19:39:50 PDT 2005

As a former county official that developed a variety of local regulations,
I strongly suggest contacting your local supervisor and suggest to other
hobbyists in the area to do likewise.  Chances are you will find a
sympathetic ear or two sufficient to get appropriate changes in the
proposed regulation NOW, not after it is enacted.  Also it is worth
contacting whoever is responsible at county level for actually writing the
verbiage.  This will be some staff person that should be approached in an
open fashion informing him/her of your concerns and GOOD SUGGESTIONS as to
making the legal language more to your liking.  Be part of the solution,
not part of the problem as the saying goes.

Otherwise it may be an uphill battle if someone really wants to enforce
whatever is enacted.  Just one complaining neighbor can force the county
into an enforcement mode.  Give it your best shot now, not after the fact.

Perhaps the farm bureau and ag commissioner might also be good
allies.   Also local equipment businesses?  Hey -- the republic at work!!

Bob Holtzer