[Farmall] nuisance

Roberto Rivero rj.rivero at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 11:11:35 PDT 2005

It sounds like an state eployee that needs justify his job, them he beguins
to write something in the computer of his desk looking for his boss aproval,
of course that an avandoned vehicle in the side of the road must be kept
off, but i think every one is in the right to have any thing inside his own
yard, and old machines are part of a legacy, any way i have seen something
similar here.
  good luck Roberto

 On 8/1/05, Karl Olmstead <olmstead at ridgenet.net> wrote:

> Looks like Kern County will be passing a new set of rules regarding
> 'abandoned, wrecked, dismantled or inoperative vehicles' this week. Los
> Angeles county passed a similar ordinance several years ago, and it had
> major impact on old car collectors. All the unrestored, classical or
> antique cars got hauled away.
>
> Interesting how the ordinance reads. It starts off talking about vehicles
> left standing on county roads for more than 72 hours, but later on
> broadens
> the definition of a nuisance vehicle to include wrecked, dismantled or
> inoperable mobilehomes aircraft, commercial coaches, office trailers,
> railroad cars, cargo containers, semi-trucks and commercial trailers or
> heavy duty farm and industrial equipment regardless of where they are
> located. If there's a house on the property near the nuisance vehicles,
> written notice will be sent thirty days before the offending vehicles are
> removed. If there's no residence, no written notice will be given.
>
> It's hard to say how the new regulations will affect me. I've already
> arranged for a 40' x 60' metal building to be erected in September. That
> should conceal a good share of my collection. And I have a windbreak, a
> double row of evergreen trees surrounding my 5 acres, so you have to work
> pretty hard to see into my yard.
>
> Then there's the attitude around here; people are pretty independent and
> they feel that it is their right to park old cars and RVs in their yards.
> This is the desert, after all, not a yuppie neighborhood. Should be
> interesting....
>
> -Karl

Ing. Civil Roberto Rivero
Cell 099620035