[AT] Re: replacing rims and tires

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Apr 24 10:31:32 PDT 2005

While I am sure that many of the folks on this list are comfortable
dealing with this kind of thing, I suspect that you might be well served
by contacting one or more tractor tire dealers in you area. Chances are
very good that at least one of them are equipped to deal with your old
tires, the liquid, and the rims. And most have field trucks whose
drivers are well equipped to handle the job right in your driveway.

Depending on how bad the rims are, it may be possible to repair them and
move the hole for the tubes' valve stem to another (hopefully sound)
part of the rim. But I suspect that your best bet might be a new pair of
rims, although that's not the least expensive option. I admit that I
have no idea whether replacement rims are available for Oliver tractors
- I know that they are very common for Ford, JD, and IH.  At the least,
I have found from experience that you will need new tubes.

If you need to have liquid ballast in your tires, a non-corrosive, non
poisonous alternative to calcium chloride or automotive antifreeze is
"RimGuard" if they have it in your area. <http://www.rimguard.info/>

Mike

--
Mike Sloane