[AT] Tractor looking

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun Apr 24 04:21:45 PDT 2005

> Drove about 100 miles RT thru some very nice hill country but there is
> not much green yet except lawns and willow trees starting out.
> Checking out the tractors made it a good ride.
>
> Charlie V. in WNY

    Western New York is one of the nicest places to just wander on a day
like yesterday. Not
much traffic and all rural. Lots of gravel roads in the Southern Tier
yet to this day. If you got
as far down as Addison, that was where we first started hunting turkeys
in the springtime back
in the late 1960s. I was just looking at my turkey beards from those
days a week or so ago. I
preserved them and mounted them in empty .410 shells with a swivel where
the primer goes
and they are still nice after all these years.

    There used to be lots of tractors for sale in front yards down this
way too, Charlie, but it has
been built up and built out to the point that they just don't seem to
exist any more. Used to be
they were in barns and sheds but even those buildings are mostly gone.
If I get up to the north
of the Catskills, I start to see "normal" country again but not down here.

    I don't see any mention of you taking a .222 or something similar
along to use on woodchucks
on your drive - or don't hunt them any more?

Cecil