[AT] Electronics - WAY OT

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Thu Sep 30 19:52:29 PDT 2004

It can be used for a tractor if you have a problem leaving the lights on so
I will ask here, but I know I am really stretching it with that excuse(-;

If any of you are electronics gurus, please look at the following:

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/headalrm.html

I made one and it works fine except I get a very low, but audible and
annoying buzz from the buzzer when the lights are on and the ignition is on
(should be perfectly quiet in that case).  Works great otherwise - Buzzes
like heck when I leave the lights on and the ignition is off and does not
buzz at all when both the lights and the ignition are off.   The wiring and
components have been double checked and I even checked my common mistakes,
like reversing diodes.   Obviously I must have a small current leak,  but I
don't know why.  This is is such a simple device, I figured an electronics
guru could look at it and say absolutely what the problem had to be.

Feel free to respond off list to me at yostsw at atis.net since this is so way
off topic,

PS:  OK I can hear the questions:  It is not for my tractor.  It is for my
86 diesel Trooper.  I have been spoiled by idiot lights and alarms for my
headlights (or my wife's car where they turn off by themselves) and it
appears that without these safeguards, I am indeed an idiot.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net