[AT] TD6

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Thu Sep 30 16:49:10 PDT 2004

It is a 61 series, a 1956 model.  The right steering clutch is stuck, but
the left seems fine.  At least it engages and disengages with a solid
"over-center" feel not unlike a JD hand clutch.  I haven't had the crawler
running to know for sure.  The right side lever will not even pull back so
it has to be frozen

I saw a little red paint on a few parts under the yellow yesterday, and I
just assumed those were parts that had been replaced and then painted to
match the tractor.  However, after scratching around, I am now pretty
certain it started life as an IH red crawler and painted industrial yellow
later.   At least two different coats of yellow have been applied too.

Now that I have had a hour or two of sunlight to check it out, I have found
out a few new things about the crawler:   The radiator is shot.  The core
is _rotten_ and I am not even sure the tanks are reusable as the edges at
the seams are heavily rusted.  I won't know for sure until I pull it.   The
owner did tell the truth about replacing the clutch (because it broke while
he tried to free the steering ) - I found the broken clutch parts in the
battery box (-;  Undercarriage actually looks pretty good considering -
definitely worn but its' not as nasty and sloppy as many I have seen.
Should be usable for my purposes but I will take some measurements to see
exactly how far worn it is.

Let me know when you get your pictures uploaded,

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net