[Steam-engine] Wachs Engine

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Tue Sep 21 05:58:12 PDT 2004

  Howdy Francis;
Looking down into the boiler I saw many nice looking flue tubes.  I'd say
~2" in diameter.
  On the outside were the two holes where I believe the try cocks and sight
glass were.  There were also 3 more holes ~1/2" npt on the outside.  3 or 4
hand holes also.
  I'd say the flue tubes started ~ 2' up from the bottom.  BTW., our first
lesson.  This boiler is a little top heavy.  Didn't tip it over but it got
our attention once.

   Any ideas out there on the best way to transport the boiler?  I believe
its around 84" high...any maybe 3' in diameter.  We're thinking about
tipping it over onto some pallets and then rolling it onto the trailer using
maybe 4x6's to avoid the bump of the hand holes.

    And does someone have a good book they'd recommend for newbee steamers?

Again thanks much!!

RickinMt.