[Farmall] Farmall C carb question

PROFARMALL at aol.com PROFARMALL at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 04:49:29 PDT 2004

Mike,
The other carb had been rebuilt before I got the tractor, by somone who the
previous owner said " usually doesnt work on these types of carbs" It had new
float, needle and seat but just never ran consistant. You never knew how is was
going to  run. I have a friend who  has a bunch of A's and some of the 140
series( some in pieces some together ), plus a 1946 Farmall H thats has to  be
one of the most original nonrestored tractors I'd ever seen. I intake was also
replaced before I got it so I'll give the propane trick a try. Would there be
any instances that would require a jet up or larger jet be installed? I use
to mess with Mustangs long ago  and had to  change jets for performance
reasons, but theres nothing special about this motor, no  fire crater pistons, not
bored over, just a stock old ( probably original) 113 cubic incher. Thanks for
your response. Ed Haley