[AT] Old gas residue

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 18:51:24 PDT 2004

In a message dated 9/13/2004 8:27:40 AM Pacific  Daylight Time,
cmonson at hvc.rr.com writes:
Which would be better for
the  carb - Red Devil lye or lacquer thinner?

Take the carb off get a kit for  it and then get some carburator cleaner from
your auto parts store the type that  you soak a carb in take it completely
apart and then soak well before using a  blow gun to clean out all the ports.
Anything short of this will only cause  major problems down the road.
Do it right the first time and save time and  money is my way.
I had trouble on the Case LA all summer i finally got a kit  and used to two
carbs to make one and it runs like a top now. No more fouling of  the plugs
either.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth,  OR 97361