[AT] Old gas residue

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Tue Sep 14 04:29:23 PDT 2004

> Why not buy a Kreme kit from your local cycle shop and do the whole
> routine of cleaning it out, neutralizing it, and recoating the interior
> of the tank with a kit that's designed for that purpose?
>
> Larry

	I just "did" a motorcycle tank for someone a couple weeks ago
with the Kreme kit. He paid $40 for the kit and I felt sorry for him
and did the tank for nothing.

	The tank I am talking about is a full size motorcycle tank that
was left full of gas and sat for almost 20 years. It all evaporated and
the tank is full of evil smelling black crap that I doubt will come out.
I didn't think the Kreme kit had anything in it but the etching compound
that would do the job. Both carbs on the motorcycle are full of black
crap too. Personally, I think the owner would be money ahead to find a
replacement tank and two new carbs.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson