[AJD] JD 40 Carb

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Mon Sep 6 21:30:12 PDT 2004

LeRoy,
That sounds strange - I've built a bunch of TSX carburetors and rarely have
a problem screwing the seat in place.  I wonder if you were given a wrong
kit, or it contains the wrong needle and seat.  Does the needle have a viton
(rubber) tip?  I don't recall a problem with needle size, but it is late and
I can look at my notes later today.

Another distinct possibility is the float is hanging on the cast body - that
is hard to see, make sure the float arms are symmetric as if they are bent
much they will drag and not cause the needle to seat.  Bruce was right - you
should be able to hear the float move up and down as you turn the carb.
Duane Larson