[AJD] JD 40 Carb

LeRoy Price lep at epix.net
Mon Sep 6 19:28:36 PDT 2004

Yup, I had problems putting that seat in and I believe you are talking about that little O ring that seat under it.  You know I bought 2 carb sets for each JD 40 I have.  The seats seems to be slightly taller.  I had to go out and buy a screw driver that was wider but still was a tad short at the blade.  I got it in both carbs almost 3 quarters in before I really had to apply pressure.  I had to give up on the JD 40S it just wouldn't go in but I was able to get it in the 40W.  I did eventually hook up the gas without the body to see if it shut off.  Thats when I saw it leak around the seat, a little more pressure to tighten it seem to work.  But once I get it together it floods.  Not sure how far I can bend the floats down before I don't have enough gas in the bowl.  The kits said JD40 but maybe there marked wrong.  I lostthe original needle or I would have put that one back.  One thing I noticed is that the new needle doesn't fit in the old seat its bigger.  Is that right?

LeRoy

Incompetence: When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do.