[AJD] Re: Flat Spoke rear wheels - Spencer

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue Oct 26 21:58:35 PDT 2004

>Spencer,
>I am curious what parts catalog you are using for your B information, and

The parts catalog I have has no part numbers prefixed by JD - they are all
prefixed by the letter B.  Here are the pages out of the parts catalog I am
using:

http://www.atis.net/~yostsw/Model%20B%20Series%20PC%20p98.pdf

and

http://www.atis.net/~yostsw/Model%20B%20Series%20PC%20p99.pdf

>My database indicates all JD1270R I have seen to date have 1 3/4" spokes,
>so
>I am interested in your wheels - where are you measuring the width?

Yes, I am measuring fore to aft width.  I'll check again just to be sure.

>Sometimes there is readable information stamped inside the rim
>the manufacturer, the Tire and Rim Association stamp, the rim size, and
the
>date of manufacture.  If you could check for that info, I would be
>interested in the date when 1 1/2" spokes were used.

I haven't looked for rim stamps at all and the condition is good so I can
probably find something on the rim itself.   I would have to wait until I
brought the tractor into the shop for fall maint. latter this month since
the shed is dark and a flashlight just doesn't cut it when looking for
faint marks.

I'll stay in touch,

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS