[Ford-ferguson] 2N overhaul help

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Oct 25 16:02:41 PDT 2004

Couple of things:

1 - A regular $99 shop press will press the liners - I have done it a few
times with no problems - even the thin-wall liners.  Just be careful to
make sure you start them straight.

2 - Bearings can look fine and still be so worn that they allow oil
pressure to drop.   Plasti-gauge them to be absolutely sure.   You can NOT
look at them and decide they are ok.   Replacing the oil pump is never a
bad idea anyways so do that do if you can afford it.

Good luck,

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!