[AJD] Plow for B

Guy Fay fayguyma at execpc.com
Sun Oct 17 19:49:33 PDT 2004

At my grandfather's auction, where things went a little high, two bottom
Deere with good paint, straight plow, needs one tire, $175. One bottom
Allis on steel (little harder to find, lots of people want them for the
small tractors) went for same, sems average price. This summer I got a
two bottom IH Little Genius, on steel, missing one share, for $150.
Couple weeks ago, at an auction where everything else went higher than a
kite, three bottom Little Geniuses on nice rubber, painted well, were
going in the 400-450 range.

Sounds like money could be made in the plow business if it wasn't for
the high cost of transportation these days- bent up plows are about
25-50, but with the high scrap price these days might be worth some
more. Spencer, you've just got to start shopping in Wisconsin, although
at the rate people are starting to collect plows here, it might not be a
buyer's market long. Glad I got my Red-E plow when I did.

Guy