[AT] ATIS Photo site inbox - several different things

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sun Oct 17 06:57:45 PDT 2004

Ralph wrote
>I doubt that they are my photos . I can't even find my way into the
"inbox"
>of ATIS to check on them. Might need a little help to get there.

...and....

You do have to register.   Once you log in, a new folder shows up that
didn't before you logged in: The "Incoming" folder.   All registered users
are allowed to upload to this folder.

Cecil wrote:
>	Which reminds me, Spencer, is there any way we can identify who
>sends photos to the Inbox so if we have a question about them, we know
>who to ask?

One of the options in an album's properties(the pull-down menu at the top
of the page once you click on the album) is whether or not the owner
displays with the caption.  That was turned off so I turned it on.  I
uploaded a photo of my TD6 so you could experiment turning it on and off.
Feel free to turn it on everywhere as you see fit.  Also you could change
the owner of any photo and the original owner shows up as you start the
process.   That's how I find the owner.
-------

Cecil wrote:
>	Thanks, Larry. I'm glad I asked. The way it comes up in the ATIS
>Image Depot makes it easy to find. Makes me wonder if there wouldn't be
>some way to attach text files to a photo - ie, your's and Herb's - so
>there could be a story attached to a photo.

While you can upload text files, there is no way to "tie" them to a
specific photo.  Even better though are "descriptions" and comments" Users
(and admins of course), can add a description when they upload photos and I
strongly encourage this practice.  The description can be quite lengthy.
"Comments" are available as well to any registered users to add to any
photo at any time.  Comments don't make sense in the temporary incoming
folder so you can't add comments there, but you should be able to make
comments to any photo anywhere else.   Here is an example:

http://www.antique-tractor.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album13&
id=Portland_2004_019

Hope this helps!

Spencer Yost