[AT] 3 point hitch backhoe attachments?

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Thu Oct 7 16:58:07 PDT 2004

Mike-
The warnings messages on the Arps hoe said something to the effect of --- if
you mount to a three point hitch get a factory approved load equalizer kit
that stabilizes the 3 point.  I looked at some hoes for sale on eBay and a
few  manufacturer's web sites and they seemed to have a fixed length heavy
duty bar that replaced the top link.   This bar may have been an arm that
did not pivot on the hoe.  Is this what was meant by an approved stabilizer?
Frankly I would not trust the top link mount on my D-14 as it is just
attached to the bolts that mount the seat (5/8" I think) and a couple of
3/8" or so shared with the PTO shield.  I would probably build so type of
frame that mounted to some of these same points, but also try to get some of
the forces forward to where the snap coupler bell is or even to take off the
draft sensing spring and use those attachment points.  I don't know if
attaching to the engine side mounts would be necessary;  or even the loader
frame.
Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY
(2) AC D-14, AC 914H