[AT] 3 point hitch backhoe attachments?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Oct 8 03:06:07 PDT 2004

carl gogol wrote:

> Mike-
> The warnings messages on the Arps hoe said something to the effect of
> --- if you mount to a three point hitch get a factory approved load
> equalizer kit that stabilizes the 3 point.
One of the used hoes we sold was an Arps, and, quite frankly, it did not
appear to be a rugged enough implement to damage the tractor before it
damaged itself. I do not think Arps is still in business (or at least we
were never able to find them, making parts replacement difficult), and
that may be part of the reason why. And yes, the used ones we had came
with rigid top link bars. If there was anything for equalizing the lower
part of the arrangement, it was not present when we got the units in. I
suspect that a beefed up version of the standard three point lower link
stabilizer arms would be helpful, but the standard arms are not rigid
enough for that kind of force.

On the Woods top link supports, the attachment varies by tractor model,
based on where the strongest attachment point could be found. On the
Ford 4500, for instance, it consisted of two heavy steel pieces that fit
around the upper third of the ring where the axles bolted to the final
drive housing on both sides.

Mike

   I looked at some hoes for

--