[AT] light blue smoke from a 460 diesel

Miriam Berry berry2 at iopener.net
Thu Nov 25 21:20:59 PST 2004

On the diesel engine ,can you remove the injectors and pour mystery oil in the cylinders to free up sticking rings and or install new valve seals....The diesel has not been used for about two years.  It runs great , starts good, lots of power but the light smoke won't quit even after full operating temperture.    If anyone on the list has had this problem and knows what to tackle first, please stick the info on the list as my shop has been cleaned out, the tools are ready ,winter is just around the corner and I am ready to get after that anoying smelly blue stuff....Thanks....John......