[AT] another good day

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Fri Nov 19 04:21:36 PST 2004

	Yesterday was another of those nice November days. A friend
came over first thing in the morning and helped me pull start my 1939
Allis Chalmers B tractor. This tractor is a hand crank tractor that
has always started on the second or third pull but since it had set
all year so far plus last fall without running, I suppose the main jet
in the carb was blocked or something. We pulled it about 200 yards,
had good oil pressure with the B in 3rd gear and the D-12 in 6th. I
was just about to tell Bob Brooks, who was driving the D-12, to forget
about it when it popped once. Then it fired up, ran rough a couple
minutes and then settled down and smoothed out. Since then I started
it two or three times with the crank and it acts as if nothing had
ever happened. Fires right up like always.

	My next project for the day was to replace the burned out
tank heater in the JD 2010 crawler with a new one. Even though I had
looked the new heater over and knew one of the ports had a marble
inside that prevents backflow, I still managed to get it in upside
down. Geez, they sure steam and crackle a lot when you put them in
that way!!  ;-(   I realized right away that I had done something
stupid and took it all apart and put it back the right way. The only
damage was the loss of a half gallon of permanent antifreeze and to
my ego. Once installed correctly it worked like a charm.

	Anyhow, those two jobs plus the good cup of coffee Bob brought
with him from one of those fancy coffee places made my day complete.
Sitting by the wood stove in the shop sipping coffee didn't hurt at
all.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson