[AT] the 2004 Valu-Bilt catalog

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon May 3 09:00:28 PDT 2004

Mike:

That has been my experience too. The catalog was the salvage yards reference
book. I've seen it used to establish prices in several different yards. Ever
since CT quit publishing the prices some salvage yard pricing has gone
berserk.

There is a well known salvage yard called Dennis Polk in Ohio I believe.
They have a reputation for being on the high side with their used parts
pricing. I just asked them to quote a few pieces for me, two of which are
still sold new by JD. The used prices quoted by Polk were higher than JD's
price for new.  Where did the 50% of new go?

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not
strong enough.--John Christian Bovee

www.deerelegacy.com