[AT] the 2004 Valu-Bilt catalog

John Boehm rustyacres at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 17:00:17 PDT 2004

Here's a good example of the bizzaro Polk world: I am
trying to locate an M1686T transmission input shaft
and M4268T cluster gear for a friend's Model 40 John
Deere. The last CT catalog with used prices lists the
shaft at $130 and the gears at $44. Here is the quote
I received from Polk's today: $475 for the shaft and
$275 for the gears plus $25 shipping! That's $775.00!!
Needless to say, I will keep looking!!! By the way,
does anyone out there have these particular parts?

John Boehm
Woodland, CA
Visit my web site at http://vintagetractors.com