[AT] Grain Binders and nudity....

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Tue Mar 2 11:43:20 PST 2004

There is a way Cecil.  I use software for my work that costs big bucks.  It
includes lots of different forms and the capability of filling them out on
screen, printing them and electronically transmitting them.  When I bought
the software they sent me ALL of their software on one CD.
I was able to use it and decide which options I wanted but if it tried to
print out a form, map, etc. it would print just fine but with the word DEMO
in large black print diagonally across the page.    Once I paid them for the
software they sent me, via e-mail, a code to type in.  That code took the
DEMO notation off of the forms and options that I purchased.  It is still on
the others.  If I decide tomorrow that I need to by some additional parts of
their system I can give them my credit card # and they will send me another
code.

They are not the only company that does that.  I have seen it in several
incarnations.  It seems to me that the historical society could do the same
(with the permission of the owners of the pictures) and maybe even for a fee
allow you to download a nice copy.  Of course they wouldn't be able to stop
you from scanning the copy after you downloaded it.

Charlie