[AT] Grain Binders and nudity....

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Tue Mar 2 11:26:45 PST 2004

> It's really not simple, Cecil. In fact, it's not even close to being
> that simple.

	Yes, I suppose there are multiple reasons but for some reason
it irritates me whenever I look at those scans. I realize a lot of effort
went into doing them and that money is scarce. Wisconsin is no better off
for money than a lot of other states and I suppose it has it's priorities.
I suppose that even though the protection is there under the law that it
is up to whoever has the copyright to provide some method of protecting
their rights. It still does not seem right to plaster that banner over
those great scans of old ads and great photos from the past. There must
be a better way. You took the trouble to explain it before. I believe
it was said that some attorney advised doing this but with all the new
technology around there must be a way to imbed copyright protection into
scans, and especially anything that is accessed digitally, and make it
impossible to copy and reproduce without degrading the image. There must
be a way to protect digital property and still not restrict normal viewing.
Maybe the new HP product I hear about would help you. You might ask them
if they would like a test platform for their new system. If it prevents
copying CDs and DVDs, it should be a snap to protect ownership of digital
scans.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson