[AT] new computer help request

ROBBRUT at aol.com ROBBRUT at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 17:55:28 PST 2004

To begin with, this IS tractor-related !
In order to convert/enlarge my two-car garage shop into a bigger shop with at
least one high bay area, I need to play around with a lot of possible
configurations/variations.
I began sketching etc, but the erasing and stuff got to be a pain every time
another possibility was tried.
As luck would have it, a friend gave me an IBM PS/2 56 stc computer (old, but
at least it has a Pentium chip) a year or two ago when he moved away.
The good news is that it is already loaded with AutoCad LT, which even though
it is an early version (release date 11/16/93) still has a lot of power for
my building projects, and also for my machined (tractor, garden tractor and old
truck) replacement part designs.
The bad news is that it is currently loaded with Windows 3.1 which is a lot
less easy to use than the windows 98 on my "daily driver".
In addition, it has AOL 3.0, so an upgrade there would be a nice thing too.
So, my question is: can I load Win98 (I have the floppies ) without having to
re-install the AutoCad    LT ?
I do have the Autocad floppies which my friend gave me along with the
computer, but I don't know whether he transferred the license to another machine,
although I kind of doubt it, since he said that he never could get the hang of
using it.
But I can't be sure and also can't check it out with him, since he retired to
Fla and went native with no phone listing, etc.

Any suggestions?

Bruce Thompson