[AT] Broadcast/frost seeding clover?

Brett Phillips bphillip at shentel.net
Tue Mar 16 18:31:14 PST 2004

  Wonder if sand will negate the innoculant
> for the trefoil?

I wouldn't think so.  I might mix the seed and innoculant, and then add the
sand.  That way, you know the seed has at least been in contact with the
bugs (innoculant).  Another hint that I learned from an older fellow is to
plant at half-rate, then plant again, but at 90 degrees to the previous
pattern.
    It means running over the same ground twice, but it does result in even
coverage.  This is what I do when I drill my hay plots.  With a drill, it
ends up looking a little like check-row corn.

Let us know how you get along...

Brett Phillips
NW Virginia