[AT] Broadcast/frost seeding clover?

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Tue Mar 16 15:46:34 PST 2004

Len and Charlie
Good advice, I did a google search last night after posting and most state's
north of the mason-Dixon line have an article published by their ag
extension on frost seeding.  The one I found that had the most useful tidbit
said that even with the spreader fully closed, enough seed came out to
accomplish the job.  No other sites seemed to think the workings of the
spreader were important enough to touch on -- makes one wonder if anyone of
them had ever done it.

I had thought of diluting with sand, but had not read or heard of anyone
doing it in practice.  Seems like it would help a lot to get good
distribution.  Maybe I'll divide my mixed seed into three parts and mix a 40
pound bag of sand with each part.  Wonder if sand will negate the innoculant
for the trefoil?

About how far do you think the clover will throw with the spreader at speed?
Carl