[AT] IH cub

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Tue Jun 15 04:44:17 PDT 2004

> First, I apologize for kidding Cecil about his expertise - he approaches every machine with a thoroughness, research, and careful eye that I can only admire. But I can pick on you because I have half a dozen Cubs and taken several of them apart in the last 20 years or so. And yes, I have my Farmall 560D nicely stuck in the black muck at the edge of my swamp.

	It is difficult when you get a tractor stuck in mud. Tough to get
the wheels up and keep them up and even worse if you were going into a
soft spot and have to back up to get out. Nothing fills up quicker than
the treads on a tractor tire that is spinning in reverse. I wished I lived
closer to Mike so I could just drop by and at least drive one machine while
he drove the other. Just a little help goes a long ways. However, it is
about 70 miles or so down there and just a little too far to "just drop by".
Mike and I have the same problem in that we do things on our own and don't
have a volunteer labor pool handy to help when needed.

	I have to admit I do read manuals before I start trying to fix a
problem in a tractor but it would take years of experience to even get
close to the expertise of George Willer, Jim Becker and the others - of
which there are many. They are the true experts because they have had not
only their Cubs apart many times but many other brands as well.

	Not being an expert won't stop me from trying to help others,
however, if I think I can help. Most of us on this List read replies to
our questions with care and chose whose advice to follow. I don't think
you could go wrong by following what George tells you to do.

	One of the problems I seem to have lately is it appears that my
Internet provider is deciding on it's own which messages should go out
immediately and which should be held and sent later. I am all of a sudden
seeing email from yesterday and last night that is many hours late. It
appears to me they are using the business/mailing list  vs personal email
to make this decision. I wonder if anyone else is having problems with
this?  What bothers me the most is seeing answers to questions by others
before I see the question. I answer with a comment and later see something
someone else wrote that was sent before my comment. It makes it appear that
I am not in agreement with what was said but that is not the case. It is
just a matter of timing.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson