[AT] Screwing roofing

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Wed Jun 9 09:07:33 PDT 2004

In a message dated 6/9/2004 6:58:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tomehrkam at houston.rr.com writes:

Walt if  your roof is that old then I am sure it is the corregated type.

If I  was using corregated tin then I would nail on the ridges also. That is
how  it was designed to work. Back then nobody used screws and nails with
lead  washers was the only choice.

Funny thing is on the bottom it says made in japan in big bold  letters.  I
know the type that you are talking about I have some on my work  shed and its
screwed on the ridges only and after 12 years lies flat and looks  good and has
not leaked. I guess it all depends on the roofer that you have on  how they
put it on. Mine was from the old school and was afraid to put screws in  the
flat due to the possibilty of leaks.

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361