[AT] Screwing roofing

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Wed Jun 9 09:42:21 PDT 2004

Not necessarily, Tom.  We had a ridged metal roof on our barn in
northern Indiana -- not corrugated.  It was built around 1920 and still
had the original roof on it when it burned in 1950.  That roof was
nailed in the ridges with galvanized nails and no seals.  It never
leaked.  The lower edge of the roof was only about eight feet off the
ground and we had a manure pile just beyond the eaves.  In the winter,
my brothers and I used to slide down the snow-covered roof and land feet
first in the manure pile.  We never attempted to do this when our
parents were around.  :-0

I still have a scar on my left leg where I caught my leg on a jagged
edge as I came off the roof and put a gash in my thigh about four inches
long.  I hid the wound from my folks and lied to my mother about how my
jeans got ripped.

Larry