[AT] On losing farm land

Dave Ernst dadadidi at cccomm.net
Tue Jun 8 16:52:10 PDT 2004

Out neightbor just sold 150 acres with 129 of them water righted for
$525,000.
Another fine example of outsiders selling elsewhere and paying any price to
live in Nevada.
Probably a developer, but I can't find out until escrow closes.
All the ground around here is fast becoming over inflated and the housing
market has exploded.  Used to be you made an offer against the asking price
and now it is a bidding war with the asking price as a starter.
Homes that become for sale are rarely on the market for more than two days.
Seems the influx of people are coming from California.  Really can't blame
them avoiding that States' debt and taxation problems.
It's just that our rural atmosphere is dissappearing fast.

Dave