[AT] What is the Best way to Restore your new found treasure?

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Sun Jun 6 18:44:25 PDT 2004

I have been working on my Super A off and on since 2001. (!)  I lack a
good space to work at home (and not 100% sure of my mechanical abilities
in some departments....this was a family tractor and I want it RIGHT the
first time) and thus had a lot of work hired out.  What I did was I had
the engine overhauled, then used it in the garden and for other odd jobs
for about a year before I moved on to the tranny/final drives.  It took
about 3 tries to get all the leaks stopped there.  Now it is in the
paint shop.  The advantage to doing it this way is I had plenty of time
to evaluate the tractor mechanically, and if still not right I was able
to take stuff apart without worrying about paint being messed up.
However, if I could do it all over again, as parts were removed for
overhaul/repair, I would take many of them right on to the paint booth
to be cleaned and painted before re-assembly.  THe way I have done has
resulted in some stuff being removed/dismantled multiple times.  Would
have definitely saved time.

Al