[AT] Too quiet

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Sun Jun 6 07:13:53 PDT 2004

Cecil E Monson wrote:

>     Hi Richard. It is nice to see you are up and about today. grins.
> Well, we haven't really had much rain. Yesterday we had maybe a half a
> hundreth of an inch. It just wet the seat on the golf cart and that was
> all. This morning the grass is about as wet from a little shower during
> the night as a good heavy dew would be. I guess all the rain went thru
> New Jersey and dumped on Mike Sloane. ;-)
We got about .2" over the course of the day, starting about 12:30. Not
enough to really do any good, but enough to limit outdoor activities. It
is not so much that it has been wet the last couple of weeks, but it has
been very cool for this time of year - 40s at night and 60s during the
day. According to my WeatherBug, starting Tuesday it should go up to the
80s, which is pretty much normal for this time of year. In most of the
local fields, the corn is about 1" high, but the alfalfa and oats are
coming along nicely after the first cutting.

I was going to get out the Farmall 560D and hook up the Woods Cadet 72
to trim the shrubbery and weeds along the road, as they are starting to
scratch the sides of the vehicles going by. But everything is so wet
that I think I will wait until tomorrow - every time I touch a tree or
bush, I get soaked. I normally use the '48 Cub with the sickle bar mower
for the trimming task, but the governor isn't working right, so I guess
I am going to have to tear into it and find out what's wrong.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, philosopher (1844-1900)