[AT] What is the Best way to Restore your new found treasure?

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun Jun 6 06:43:32 PDT 2004

> I just purchased a 1969 Wheel Horse lawn tractor and in the process of restoration for use around the property. Condition of the
> tractor from the previous owner statements: Engine rebuilt 4 years ago, used very little in the city, With a mower deck. Paint is
> very faded with some small rust spots

	Sounds like you have a nice summer project, Myron. Good luck
with it. I'm a poor one to give advice on how to do restorations so
will just wish you good luck with yours.

	BTW, last spring I gave my 14 year old grandson, John, an
antique Wheel Horse lawn tractor. It had a decal on it that said
"Lawn Ranger". He stripped it, cleaned, wire brushed, primed and
painted parts of it while his father went thru the engine. It was
all done and ready for the Pageant of Steam last summer at Canandaigua,
New York. He showed it at that show which happened to feature garden
tractors and proudly drove it in the parade.

	I hope you have as much fun with yours as he did with his.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson