[AT] Quality tractor time

HaliganBar at aol.com HaliganBar at aol.com
Thu Jul 22 19:26:45 PDT 2004

Today I spent about 4 hours brush hogging a field for a friend. I could have
picked a better day (it was about 89 degrees and very humid here) but the
MF202 performed very well. It took me about 20 minutes to remove the backhoe and
associated mounting hardware. I then spent another 30 minutes checking out the
brush hog ( I haven't used it since last year.) When everything was finally
checked and greased I headed off down the road with my son Kristopher following
me.

When we got to the field Kris entertained himself on one of the big sand
piles while I did a quick walk through of the field. I finally got started and
immediately every bird within 3 miles showed up to snack on all the insects I
displaced. Happily everything worked as advertised...a first for me! During one
of the breaks I took, Kris noticed all the bug clinging to my shirt. He looked
me over very carefully and announced "Dad, you need a monkey." Foolishly, I
asked why I needed a monkey. Kris replied, "The monkey can ride on your shoulder
and pick all the bugs off of you while you brush hog." I'm still snickering
over the mental image of THAT one!

Tomorrow I'll spend another hour and a half of tractor bonding time finishing
the small fields across the street and then do an oil change on the tractor
and maybe sharpen the blades on the brush hog. Hmmmm...maybe I can find a
monkey on ebay tonight..........

Stay safe,
Karl