Using tractor driventillers (was Re:[AT]AllisChalmersB-1lawntractor

Gilbert Schwartz gschwartz1 at mchsi.com
Fri Jul 16 08:18:22 PDT 2004

Virtually all of the PTO work I've ever done was with a WD or WD-45. These
machines require that you get on and off by stepping very near the PTO
shaft. My fathers hard nosed instruction and supervision was "Never, ever
get off that tractor with the PTO in gear. No excuses." This statement must
be etched into my brain. Farm machinery is a killer when your mind goes to
neutral.
We used a Continental post hole digger. It requires you to be in the seat to
use it. The only other thing is that bystanders are a no-no. Gil