[AT] Allis Chalmers B-1 lawn tractor

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun Jul 11 13:48:41 PDT 2004

> Charlie; I'm with you on that horsepower being a misprint. 3 spindle, 60
> inch just don't fit with 7 1/4 hp, at any speed.
> C.H. Wendel says the AC B10 was the earliest, built through 1968 and it used
> a 9 h.p. B&S. Wendel's book also pictures one of the B10's working  with a
> 32 inch roto-tiller. That too sounds like a mighty big load for a 9 h.p.
> engine, especially if the tiller is in the dirt.
> Maybe the h.p. ratings are different now than in the 60's. Gil

	I  also doubt that any 9 hp engine can handle a 32 inch rototiller.
I just bought a 48" Kubota and it is rated 20 to 30 horsepower and even then
I think the tractor had better be able to really creeeeeeep along. I'll bet
the stones in our soil here really jolt a small tractor when you hit them.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson