[AT] Allis Chalmers B-1 lawn tractor

Gilbert Schwartz gschwartz1 at mchsi.com
Sun Jul 11 10:30:28 PDT 2004

Charlie; I'm with you on that horsepower being a misprint. 3 spindle, 60
inch just don't fit with 7 1/4 hp, at any speed.
C.H. Wendel says the AC B10 was the earliest, built through 1968 and it used
a 9 h.p. B&S. Wendel's book also pictures one of the B10's working  with a
32 inch roto-tiller. That too sounds like a mighty big load for a 9 h.p.
engine, especially if the tiller is in the dirt.
Maybe the h.p. ratings are different now than in the 60's. Gil