[AT] Diesel Starting Safety Reminder

Tim Bivens bivenshill at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 06:08:34 PST 2004

Walt,
Don't quite understand how the state can require a
drivers license to drive a tractor. Are you talking
about on public roads or on private property? Are
tractors required to be registered in Oregon? Is a
drivers license required to operate other off-road
vehicles such as off-road motorcyles, four-wheelers,
snowmobiles, go-karts etc.? I started driving a
tractor when I was nine years old. What would the law
do to a nine year old in Oregon if he was out in the
middle of a field plowing? I can picture a pretty
hilarious picture of a police officer trying to stop a
youngster on a tractor in the middle of a 40 acre
plowed field. LOL. Don't get me wrong Walt,I am sure
you are correct in your statement. It just sounds
pretty ridiculous. I don't think they could ever get a
law like that passed in Texas.

Tim Bivens
Glen Rose, Texas