[AT] Diesel Starting Safety Reminder

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Mon Feb 23 19:42:42 PST 2004

In Oregon you have to bee 14 to drive a tractor and have a license, the thing
I don't understand is how do they pass the test if they can't drive before
they get the license.

I think my Kubota will start just by rolling down hill I think I will try it
next time I use it or have nothing else to do. There is no way to keep it from
starting as the shut off is on the throttle lever and resets back to idle
when released. I bet OSHA never found this little thing so maybe we ought keep
shut about it or we may have add more safety junk to the tractor. Darn I hate
those headache bars. I wonder what they use in the orchards with lower trees and
higher ROPS kits they must loose a lot of limbs (tree type).

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460