[AT] Spec Cast Tractors

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun Feb 22 03:52:08 PST 2004

> Not sure how many folks out there buy and collect toy Ag equipment but I pick up
> a few things now and again.  Anyway, today at I went to a Toy Train show and I happen
> to see some IH crawlers, TD14s to be exact.  Looked every nice but I wondered who
> made them.  As it turns out its not Ertl but Spec Cast.  I was just on the Spec Cast site and
> boy that have some nicely detailed Farmalls and Olivers.  Has anyone bought these newer
> higher detailed pieces?  Was wondering how they like them?
>
> Here's the Spec Cast site www.speccast.com if someone is interested in downloading the
> catalog of new things.
>
> LeRoy

	Besides being the location of the Field of Dreams and also
the Farmtek guys, Dyersville, Iowa is the home of Ertl, Spec Cast
and the last I knew, a smaller toy operation run by another of the
Ertl's.  Dyersville is not hard to get to and is only a short ways
north of Davenport and Moline. Lucille and I stopped in Dyersville
and took the plant tour of the toy making operation about 20 years
ago. Back then, I had the feeling they were already looking to the
Orient for a source of cheaper toys. I wonder now how many toys are
still made in Iowa?

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson