[AT] Spec Cast Tractors

LeRoy Price III leroy_price3 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 22 11:44:11 PST 2004

>	Besides being the location of the Field of Dreams and also
>the Farmtek guys, Dyersville, Iowa is the home of Ertl, Spec Cast
>and the last I knew, a smaller toy operation run by another of the
>Ertl's.  Dyersville is not hard to get to and is only a short ways
>north of Davenport and Moline. Lucille and I stopped in Dyersville
>and took the plant tour of the toy making operation about 20 years
>ago. Back then, I had the feeling they were already looking to the
>Orient for a source of cheaper toys. I wonder now how many toys are
>still made in Iowa?
>
>Cecil

I highly doubt much would be made in Iowa anymore.  Initially Korea was a
hot spot
for the Toy Train manufacturers and now even there labor is getting high
there so into
China they went.  Low costs make more porfits.  I see that there is toy
tractors being
made in Argentina by another company, the name doesn't come to mind at the
moment.

LeRoy