[AJD] Drat.

Eric LaCruze ericlacruze at comcast.net
Fri Dec 31 06:30:07 PST 2004

Duane Larson wrote:

> Eric,
> I think Dengler sells clutch drivers with oversized splines - might they
> work with yours?  I also have the name of a shop that rewelds them and
> resplines - I'll look around and see if I can find it.
> Regards,
> Duane Larson

The splines are completely hammered from running loose for an extended
time. The end of the crank sticks out past the driver about 1/8".
There's about 1/8" of slack radially between the driver and crank
splines as well. I had the name of a shop to repair it a while back, but
the cost of shipping and repair was higher than the cost of this 60
crank including the drive to pick it up. Seems that being near Detroit,
I should be able to find someone locally, but I haven't...I've been
looking for someone to repair my steering shaft races as well. Can
anyone think of a reason I couldn't just cut down a longer shaft from a
standard A?

Louis;
Thanks for the offer-let me know what that crank looks like. Where are
you located? I have a trip to eastern Iowa to make to pick up a sheller,
with no particular schedule.

Eric