[Farmall] Woods Mower I.D.

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Wed Dec 29 06:24:27 PST 2004

Troy, Jim will probably have the correct answer, but I believe LB was low boy.
I missed the beginning of this discussion, but if it hasn't already been posted
you can view the manuals at
http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/OEM%20Implement%20and%20Attachment%20Manuals/index.html

Troy Bogdan wrote:
> OOps, I forgot, I had one more question.
>
> On the web site it has manuals for two #59 mowers, The 59 C-2 and the 59-LB
> (Lawnboy??)??  It doesn't have the L-59-A (which I think mine is).
>
> Can I safely assume this is the same deck I have with a few minor changes
> for later model tractors, or am I off in that assumption.  You know what
> they say when you assume . . . you make an ass out of you and me!
>
> Thanks,  Troy
>
> on 12/29/04 6:43 AM, Troy Bogdan at tbogdan1 at earthlink.net wrote:
>

>>Well, I finally got around to measuring my mower, and I still can't identify
>>it.  According to the chart, below,
>>
>>WOODS MOWER MODEL IDENTIFCATION CHART
>>WOODS Mower Model    Identification Features
>>42     42" Cut, Single Spindle, rotating clockwise, RH discharge, single
>>belt drive
>>L42    42" cut, Single Spindle, rotating counter clockwise, LH discharge,
>>single belt drive
>>59    5'cut, 3 spindle, clockwise rotation, RH discharge, 3 groove center
>>pulley
>>L59    5'cut, 3 spindle, counterclockwise rotation, LH discharge, single
>>belt
>>L306     6' cut, 3 spindle, counterclockwise rotation, LH discharge, 3
>>groove center pulley, single belt
>>L503    5'cut, 3 spindle, counterclockwise rotation, LH discharge, single
>>belt
>>
>>When I measured, I came up with a deck that is 60" (5' Cut) wide in the
>>front, 25" long on the side and it has three spindles.  I forgot to check
>>for counter or clockwise motion.  Also, when you count spindles, does that
>>include center pulley or not?  I assumed yes, and I think my center pulley
>>is three grooves.  It is a right-hand discharge.  So I believe that you may
>>have it, when you said an L-59 Jim.  What is the "A" designation in your
>>guess of L59-A (Does that just mean Model A??)?.
>>
>>Do all agree??  Thanks, Troy in PA

John
another one of them
*.?-!.* cub owners